4.22.2012

My Art Room Light




I found a really cool birdcage in the thrift store a few months back.  I knew I wanted it somewhere in my art room, but had no idea what to do with it until I saw some really cool photos on Pinterest.  Here's what I found.....







So of course I fell in love with the idea of turning a birdcage into a light and had to have one myself.  I bought some lights at Hobby Lobby, painted my birdcage pink, and wired the lights inside.  I wanted bright white light and did not notice when I got these that they are color changing lights, but now I really like the green and blue of these lights.  The pink paint I used is Rust-oleum American Accents Gloss Berry Pink; I got it at K-Mart.




I also put a pegboard up in my room yesterday. 



When I get my desk cleaned off again I will post a picture of the whole room.  I think I have figured out what to do with my sewing desk now as well, so I hope to have it done before Grayson gets here.  My baby boy will be born in 8 days!!!!  So it may be a while before I post again. 

5 comments:

  1. I love the light fixture you created. Awesome. Congrats on the new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for every other informative site. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means? I have a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information.
    Chandeliers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great survey, I'm sure you're getting a great response.
    Flush Mount Lights

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was a wonderful chance to visit this kind of site and I am happy to know. thank you so much for giving us a chance to have this opportunity..
    Lustre

    ReplyDelete