1.03.2012

Sugar Skull Flower Finished


So last night I took a few moments and finished an illustration project.  It was intended for our house, but my friend Julie likes it a bunch and she talked me into selling it to her.  I will end up making another copy for hubby (he says I never keep his favorites, including this one).

 This is the first big project I finished with my Koh-i-noor 7 pen set.  I am so happy with the performance of these pens compared to the Staedtler Pigment Liners I am used to.  And so far these pens have not been quite as high maintenance as I expected.  I get a greater variety of line width with the 7 pen set than the four pen set of Staedtlers, and since these are refillable I will end up saving a ton in the long run.  If you invest in these and have a Hobby Lobby nearby, consider buying them there.  I paid about $70 for mine after the 40% off coupon I printed off.  And I didn't have to worry about them being damaged during shipping. 

Here is the completed drawing.  It was done on a 14x17" piece of Strathmore bristol board, and the image itself is almost 12" across.




I am selling PDF downloads in my Etsy shop for $4, and hope soon to offer prints.

3 comments:

  1. love this! very cool. happy new year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool! Love the details!! but at the same time it gives me the creeps, I feel like I am hypothesized (especially with those big eyes ) Haha, but anyways, well done!!

    ReplyDelete