6.04.2014

My Art Nest in Progress


Well, here she sits in my yard., all 8x8' of her.  At last!  I have been waiting for this for two months now, and finally this is mine!  You might be able to tell from the pictures that she is facing the back of my yard.  This was just by happenstance.  The person who moved my art nest went in behind it to pick it up, so she was put in my yard backward.  It is a lucky accident though, because this allows the door of my building to be in the shade most of the day.  This means less heat will build up inside.  I do have a window a/c unit in case the temperature climbs anyway.  Please forgive the quality of some of these pictures, they were taken mainly with my smart phone.


This is what you see from the side of my house, and I think this will be perfect to plant shrubs around and easy to make pretty.  Hubs and our friend/cousin David put some shutters up for me.  They also jacked the building up and straightened and leveled it.



Just peeking inside it really doesn't look like much.  But this gal has been making art and jewelry on her dining room table and storing art supplies in the laundry room under piles of clothes.  So this is a beautiful site to me.



Here she is all bare and beautiful.  I had to take these two built in tables out, and I decided to paint the inside white.  Check this post out to see my inspiration.  I don't have a sprayer and a large roller won't work, so I have been painting this with a small roller and a wide brush.




Here's the progress after a few hours.  I love how bright the white makes the room look.  



Oh that pesky ceiling!!!!!!



And here is one corner with two coats of paint covering it.  Lovely!!!!!  I can't wait to get all this done, get my floor painted, and move my furniture in!!!!   BTW, I also have a light and 16 (wow!) outlets in this building, so I should be good to go with my equipment.  Nice to know I won't have to move everything around to plug stuff in.  






No comments:

Post a Comment