Here are the charms that hang over the cover of the books. I used antiqued brass filigrees from aka Lula Beads, vintage West German stackable flower beads from Lee Bell, and resin cabachons from aka Lula Beads. I put these together using my secret weapon, a scrapbooking brad. Yup, that's right. Works a lot better than a head pin, but a lot of times I have to increase the size of the hole in my components with a small diamond file so the brad fits through. These were attached to small jump rings.
Here is a picture of the books without embellishments, and one of the crazy way I went about sorting them and keeping them separate. The brass covers are made from blanks that came with a few sets of vintage brass stencils that I had. I cut them with metal snips and sanded them for a smooth edge. I used 140 lb. cold pressed watercolor paper for the pages. Each book has about 24 sheets.
Pretty books all in a row, waiting for their embellishments.
And the assembled pendants ready for soldering (of the handmade jump rings), then chain.